We’re here for your pet when you have to be away. Our pet boarding kennels are air conditioned with room to stretch out in.
While there are many options of how to care for your pets while you are away, dog boarding and cat boarding at our facility is probably the safest option since our well-designed kennels are safe, secure and supervised by our doctors. We are able to provide on-site medical attention if necessary.
We welcome you to come in and tour our boarding facilities before your pet’s stay.
Please call our office early to make a reservation as space can be limited especially on weekends and holidays.
Our kennel yard is floored with K9Grass. K9Grass is a cleanable, drainable, antimicrobial synthetic grass designed specifically for dogs! It helps promote a cleaner, safer, better-smelling environment for pets. Because it is synthetic, the grass cannot become a home for common pests such as fleas and ticks. No fertilizer or pesticides are needed to maintain it either so no harmful chemicals can get on your pet’s paws.
- Canine Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
- Canine Distemper (6-in-1: upper respiratory, Parvovirus)
- CIV (Canine Influenza, until further notice)
- Current Fecal test (within last 6 months)
- Current Heartworm test (within last 12 months)
- Our dog boarding kennels and cat condos are fully air-conditioned and heated
- Dogs are walked outside at least five times per day in a fenced area for exercise and for normal elimination habits
- Cat boarding condos are located next to the windows where they can watch outdoor activities all day long
- Attentive staff ensure cages and runs are clean and comfortable for your pet
- Your pet will be kept in a safe, friendly atmosphere and never exposed to unvaccinated animals
- Pets are fed Royal Canine Veterinary Diet or food you provide
- We furnish all general needs for your pet such as bedding, food and water dishes
- We require all boarding dogs/cats to be current on vaccinations for your pet’s safety
- A discounted bath will be given if your pet is here 3 days or longer ($5 off regular price)
- Other requested services can be performed while your pet is boarding
Our dog daycare and boarding facilities are clean, comfortable, and temperature-controlled. All canines in our care receive lots of attention, exercise, and socialization, with 5 walks per day and optional extra playtime available.
Dogs are required to be current on core vaccinations including bordetella (kennel cough). We also recommend that you make reservations early—our facilities book up quickly!
Complete with perches, lots of windows, and cozy places to curl up, our multi-level cat condos are a hit with our feline guests! Our boarding staff will also make sure your cat gets plenty of attention, stimulation, and socialization while you’re away.
Cats are required to be current on core vaccinations, and our condos book up quickly, so get your reservations in early!
Special Needs Pets
We always welcome pets with special medical, physical or emotional challenges. Our staff is trained to accommodate and address those needs, and you will have peace of mind knowing that your pet will be under the watchful eye of our veterinarians while you are away. We also have a hospitalization ward where your pet will be closely monitored by our veterinary technicians should any medical emergency arise.
Will My Dog be Happy Boarding in a Kennel?
Many dogs are very happy when they stay in kennels and even look forward to visiting. Feel free to set up a time you can visit our facility beforehand to verify it meets your expectations.
How Will I Know if My Dog Will Relax in the Kennel?
Despite the fears of owners, most dogs settle into boarding life very quickly.
It is always worthwhile to board your pet for a short period such as a weekend or a few days to see how they do before leaving them for a prolonged time. One or two short stays at a kennel will help your pet adjust to being without you and get used to the boarding facility and staff.
When you pick up your pet, evaluate his or her general condition. This will give you an indication of the standard of care your pet received. Be sure to ask our kennel staff about your pet’s behavior and appetite. Many pets that are unaccustomed to boarding will have a decreased appetite or drink less water during their stay. This is normal but frequent, short visits will help reduce your pet’s anxieties.
Are There any Requirements Necessary Before Boarding My Pet?
All pets are required to be current on their vaccinations. Rabies, canine distemper and upper respiratory (“kennel cough”) vaccines are universally required. As of May, 2015 we are now requiring the CIV vaccine because of our close proximity to Chicago where the Canine Influenza outbreak is currently still lingering. We will accept written proof of vaccination from a licensed veterinarian if we did not administer them.
You should fully discuss any special medical problems or dietary requirements with our office. Ensure that you leave written authorization for emergency veterinary care, along with the contact information.
Pet Boarding in Michigan City, IN
Explore Our Complete List of Veterinary Services in Michigan City, Indiana
- Exotic Pets
- Regenerative Medicine
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Ozone Therapy
- Afterhours Telemedicine
- Laser Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Spay & Neuter
- Parasite Prevention
- Wellness Exams
- Dental Care
- Emergency and Urgent Care